Alturas Contractors Los Angeles
Preventive HVAC Maintenance
Alturas contractors is one of the most reputed commercial hvac companies Los Angeles. Our team of highly professional and experienced HVAC technicians provides all types commercial HVAC preventive maintenance
Your HVAC systems always have regular maintenance. In case you invest in a newer heating or cooling unit, you must make sure it is working efficiently and properly, and that you are getting value for the money you have paid for it. If your HVAC system is nearing the end of its 10- to 15-year average lifespan, but you do not have any plans to buy a newer one, it is essential to get your older system serviced frequently.
Why You Should Have an Annual HVAC Maintenance Plan
When you sign up for a regular maintenance agreement with Alturas Contractors, Heating and Cooling, you’re making a very good decision. Maintenance plans not only provide some immediate advantages, but also reduce the likelihood of any future problems that can occur. Everyone wants to make sure their HVAC system keeps them cool in the summer and warm in the winter. A regular maintenance plan will help guarantee that outcome.
Here are some of the benefits that are involved in a regular maintenance plan.
1. Lower Energy Bills
A badly maintained HVAC system can result in higher energy bills than usual. If your HVAC system is not working at its peak productivity, there are high chances that it will take more and more energy to heat or cool your home to the level at which you feel relaxed. Scheduled maintenance on your HVAC system means lower energy costs because a well-maintained system can reduce energy usage.
2. Fewer Repair Bills
Every HVAC system, in fact the ones you consider to be the best, can have a lot of problems. Regular maintenance, however, means fewer repair problems because your HVAC technician will notice them before time. Regular and proper maintenance will give our HVAC technician an opportunity to spot these potential issues in time so that we can fix them as soon as possible.
3. Equipment Lasts Longer
You should not have to replace your HVAC after every three or four years just because you ignored maintenance in time, and you had a breakdown related to preventable wear and tear. A routine maintenance plan keeps your HVAC system last longer and it reduces the likelihood that you will need to buy a new HVAC system even before you have gotten the most out of an older one.
4. Better Air Quality
Keep in mind that with regular maintenance your whole family will breathe at ease if you remove mold and dust from the air. Indoor air quality is really very important if anyone in your family has asthma or allergies.
5. Keeping Your Family Safe
A regular maintenance plan keeps your HVAC system to run smoothly, and it also offers greater protection for your entire family.
HVAC Preventive Maintenance Checklist
If you have one unit that both cools and heats your entire space, you should plan on a maintenance check twice a year, in the spring and again in the fall, in fact even before you switch the systems over from one use to the other. In case you have an individual system for cooling and heating of your space, you should always have someone look at it in the spring, while fall is the best time to have your heating system checked.
The kind of regular maintenance plan you need will depend on many factors:
- How old is your HVAC system?
- The condition of your entire HVAC system
- The size of your HVAC system
- Your specific brand of HVAC system
- How much you are using your HVAC system
- Where you live in particular
Spring/Summer Maintenance Checklist
- You must replace all filters.
- Clean evaporator coils and condensers frequently.
- Clear clogs and clean drain lines to ensure proper flow.
- Remove any standing water from drain pans to avoid overflows.
- Check the HVAC cabinet for leaks.
- Replace worn out pulleys and belts.
- Inspect ducts for dust, fungus, or rubble.
- Check the refrigerant charge and for any possible leaks.
- Make sure the HVAC cabinet door is securely closed.
- Check controls to make sure they are correctly set.
- If required, change batteries more often.
- Check all the connections and the electrical system.
- Make sure the fan motor is functioning correctly.
- Inspect the blowers and blades to maintain proper flow of air.
- Grease any moving parts.
- Remove any rubble from around the unit if it is outdoors.
Fall/Winter Maintenance Checklist
- Replace filters every 30 to 90 days.
- Check the ignition burner assembly.
- Carefully inspect heating elements or heat exchangers.
- Inspect the flue system and make sure it is securely attached to the furnace.
- If you own a gas furnace, the technician will check for gas leaks.
- It’s also important to check for gas pressure.
- Replace frayed belts and pulleys.
- Clear drain lines and pans of standing water to prevent overflows.
- Check wiring and electrical connections.
- Lubricate all moving parts such as bearings and motors.
- Check thermostats and controls to ensure they are set at the right temperatures.
- Check the heat pump.
Why Alturas Contractors?
24/7 Emergency Service
We offer 24/7 emergency Service for our new and existing customers. With strong focus on safety and quality of service, we are your trusted local hvac team for emergency hvac services.
When its comes to HVAC installation, repair or maintenance, safety is our top priority. Alturas contractors team includes the best licensed technicians that are highly experienced in the relevant trade.
We will match or beat any price that any other local service provider is offering, and with better service quality and satisfaction guarantee. Get in touch today and see us do it.
HVAC Maintenance Guide
While you want to make sure that you have a quality HVAC technician from our team looking over your system each spring and fall, there are still some things that you can do in order to help keep your HVAC equipment functioning efficiently and running smoothly throughout the year.
Here are some HVAC maintenance tips that will help to keep you cool in summer and warm in the winter.
1. Use Good Filters
You must change your filters every 30 to 90 days. With dirty filters your equipment will have to work a lot harder in order to keep your home at the temperature you desire. It might seem expensive if you buy a new filter every month, but you can recover those costs many times over in reduced energy bills.
2. Clear Debris Around Outside Units
It is very easy for rubble to collect around an outside HVAC unit. You will have to check the outdoor unit frequently and you must also make sure there are at least two feet of clearance around any air conditioning unit or HVAC heat pump.
3. Check Refrigerant Lines Every month
All refrigerant lines that are coming from your HVAC unit into your home or work space are what makes sure that you have the heating or the cooling you need. In case those lines get damaged in any way, or in case they develop any leaks and become disconnected, you will not get the comfortable temperatures you and your family or employees want. You must check these lines at least once a month every winter.
4. Keep Your Unit Level
If you want your HVAC system to work perfectly, all you need to do is to make sure it is at proper surface level and not leaning at any angle. So, after every two or three months, you must make sure that your unit is level on the ground.
5. In Summer, turn off Water Supplied to Your Furnace’s Humidifier
Of course, there is no need to keep a humidifier operating in the summer season. In case the weather starts to cool in late summer, and you are thinking about turning on the heat, you can install a new filter and set your humidistat to around 40 percent humidity. Then, turn on the water supply accordingly.
6. Beware of Odors and Noises
At the time you start your unit, remember to note the presence of any unusual odors or any unusual sounds. They might be symptoms of more terrible problems.
7. Inspect Fan Blades
It is not always the case that you have to replace defective fan blades, leave that to our certified HVAC technician at Alturas Contractors to do your preventive maintenance check, but you must look at the blades after every two months.
These are some of the ideas that you can do in order to make sure that your HVAC system is working in the perfect manner. In case you notice any specific problems, you can point them out to our HVAC technician at Alturas Contractors when they arrive to do your spring or fall preventive maintenance check.
Here’s Why Alturas Contractors is the first choice for all HVAC services of Los Angeles‘ local businesses.
- 24/7 Emergency hvac Services
- Over 10+ years of industry experience
- Competitive / affordable Pricing
- Specialize in Commercial HVAC
- Licensed & Certified Local Contractors
- Quality and Service Guarantee
*Fill in the form to get a quick service quote or to consult an HVAC technician for free estimates.
Preventive HVAC Maintenance Services in Los Angeles, CA
Preventive HVAC maintenance services in Los Angeles for all types of commercial HVAC systems. Local HVAC maintenance contractor near you.
Service Type: Preventive HVAC Maintenance Service
Price: starting from 450